Improve sperm health
Improve sperm health
We now know that up to 50% of all cases of fertility issues are associated with a male factor and that the male partner has a crucial role to play at conception in providing the healthiest sperm he can for the future health of the child. Our Vitamen supplement is specially formulated to help support male fertility and to help prepare a man’s body for conception. Combining vitamins and minerals that are most important for sperm health, including antioxidants that help protect DNA inside the sperm from damage:
Folate – vitally important for the normal functioning of the immune system and for normal cell division.
Selenium – important for normal sperm production. Also helps protect DNA, and sperm membranes from oxidative damage, as well as supporting male thyroid function, which is very important for fertility.
Vitamin B12 – helps to maintain the normal production and metabolism of men’s reproductive hormones.
Vitamins C and E – helps to protect sperm DNA from damage. Particularly important if the diet is low in fresh fruit and vegetables.
Zinc – very important for male fertility. Needed to make the outer layer and tail of the sperm. Zinc is lost in the semen, so needs to be replenished regularly.
Did you know…
- That a single ejaculation will usually contain around 40 million sperm
- The sperm cell consists of the head (containing genetic material), mid-piece (the energy powerhouse) and the tail (propels the sperm forward)
- Sperm needs an enormous amount of energy. Passing along a woman’s reproductive tract to get to the egg is like a human swimming the Pacific Ocean
- Despite the millions of sperm entering a woman’s body, only around 200 will reach the fallopian tube
Having reached the fallopian tube first, the winning sperm has to drill into the egg to download its most precious genetic material
- Increasingly, research shows that specific dietary changes can increase the chances of producing healthy sperm
Shop male fertility supplements here.