One of the things that I’m always asked is: What can I eat to get pregnant? So this week I’m going to tell you about the specific foods that I recommend you should be eating to boost your chances of fertility.
It’s really important is building up nutritious, nutrient-dense food prior to getting pregnant, because what you need to do is to be able to build healthy eggs and healthy sperm. You should eat a whole range of foods, proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, but here are a few key foods which I think are important for fertility.
And as always, your cheat sheet is below!
My top 10 foods for fertility are…..
- Folate – It’s a B vitamin which is key for the developing baby. Folate is found in green, leafy vegetables, broccoli, spinach, parsley, and cabbage.
- Orange and red foods – Beta carotene foods such as tomatoes, carrots and red and orange peppers all contain beta carotene and lycopene, which is especially good for sperm health.
- Eggs – Eggs are a very nutritious food and are very rich in choline, especially the egg yolk. Choline is needed for the developing baby for the brain and the nervous system.
- Beetroots – Beetroots are rich in antioxidants, especially resveratrol, so they protect the body from free radicals and they’re also good for blood flow.
- Nuts and seeds – Many nuts and seeds contain an array of vitamins and minerals and are very good for you in moderation. Brazil nuts contain selenium. Selenium is an antioxidant needed for male and female fertility.
- Good fats – When I talk about good fats, I mean things like avocados and virgin olive oil which are really rich in essential fats.
- Red and blue berries – Berries are very rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C is important to absorb iron and it is also an antioxidant.
- Fish – Fish is rich in protein, but also it’s a good source of omega-3 and vitamin D.
- Samphire – This is a good source of iodine which is essential because many women are deficient in iodine.
- Yoghurt – Yoghurt is a rich source of calcium, potassium, and B vitamins, so very good for fertility.
Consultations are available at our clinic in London or via video conferencing from the comfort of your own home.
Connect with us
Call us on 0808 196 4060 or email us at email@example.com